Try these 2 fertility acupressure techniques for conception
I am a great believer in complementary therapies such as acupressure and reflexology to support conception. Acupressure is easy to learn and supports you both emotionally and physically. If you have not heard of acupressure before then it is simply the application of pressure (as with the thumbs or fingertips) to the same discrete meridian points on the body stimulated in acupuncture that is used for its therapeutic effects such as the relief of tension or pain and it helps redirect Qi energy along the body.
1. Womb Tilt Acupressure
If you have been investigating your fertility with Western medicine you may well have been told by your ultrasound technician that your womb tilts . This could be forwards, backwards or even to the side. Women rarely have a “text book” uterus, they come in all shapes and sizes! Each angle associated with a tilted womb is not going to stop conception taking place but it can cause conception to take a little longer to happen.
IF YOUR WOMB TILT BACKWARDS YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO
a) sleep on your back or b) you are very slim and there is little fat tissue to support the uterus.
Here’s the 1st exercise. Simply kneel and lean your weight forward onto your folded arms on the floor. Your lower back should be at a forty-five degree angle from the floor (see illustration above). Rest your head on your arms. Now, rest here for 10 minutes. I suggest you spend the time listening to one of my meditations to help you connect with your uterus but if this doesn’t interest you then simply rest and relax.
Keep this really simple – just do it once a day for mindful practice or use as sex position during your conception window. Remember to include the fertility diet , plenty of rest and follow the Creation Fertility Lifestyle.
2. Groin pulse acupressure to support your fertility
Focusing on the reproductives this simple technique is great for men and women helping to clear blockages in the femoral arteries and opening the vena cava – that’s the large vein that encourages blood to flow from your legs to your reproductive organs and back again.
Ladies: This technique helps bring blood and “energy” to your uterus and ovaries PLUS it encourages both ovaries to receive their fair share of vital essences. Men: this exercise is “nature’s Viagra” it helps improve blood flow to the penis.
Here’s how to do it. Remember to do this once or twice daily please. I recommend this for the first 2 weeks of each cycle – up to and over ovulation but leave it after that until you begin your next bleed.
2. Place the fingertips of both hands on the top of your pubic bone. (If you put your thumb on your naval and let your hand rest against your lower abdomen your pubic bone should be near your little finger)
3. Slide your fingers out towards your legs until you reach the fold that separates your lower abdomen from your thighs (see illustration again – it’s difficult to write this!). Lightly palpate this area, feeling for a slight dip of each side. Hopefully you will feel a pulse but fiddle about until you find the right spot. Your body is not a text book and the slight dips vary in area!
4. Now place a finger of each pulse. Pay attention, take time to notice how the pulses feel in relation to each other. Mindfully connect each pulse with strength, intensity, speed, tension (hard or soft) and sensitivity (painful/achy or comfortable) . Does one side feel different from the other?
5. Using a rotating motion gently apply pressure to the pulses with your fingers. (the goal here is to use the pressure of your fingers to equalise strength, intensity, speed, tension and sensitivity between the 3 pulses. (If you can’t feel any difference apply more pressure to the weaker pulse, then hold the blood flow for a count of 9 seconds. You will find this easier if you place your hands on your body rather than on top of clothes)
6. When the pressure begins to equalise apply even pressure to both side for 36 seconds. Remember to breathe! Imagine that you are closing the floodgates – building up pressure within both arteries.
7. Now release the pressure by brushing your hands gently down the top of your inner thighs to allow the blood to flush down your legs. You may feel a warm or tingling sensation which will happen more frequently with practice.
TOP TIP: You can do this exercise in conjunction with the tilted womb exercise if you wish. Or use this technique as mindful practice to release the day, relax and connect with your ovaries. If you are placing your hands on your body rather than on top of your clothes I recommend a drop of aromatherapy oil, Creation Essence on each finger to encourage hormonal balance.
By the way, if you fancy it then there is still time to join me for a summer cleanse (June 21st – June 30th) incorporating 3 full days of a juice fast to release residual toxins and prepare your body for pregnancy.
Justine Evans ND B.Sc Nut. Medicine is a Registered Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist. In tune with mother nature, western medicine, the seasons and Eastern philosophy she offers a multi dimensional approach to hormone and pregnancy health. email email@example.com or call 07747 133170
Disclaimer: This article has been written as personal opinion and guidance only and should not be construed as medical advice. I am not a medical doctor.